It’s HERE! South’s BEST Regional Competition. Our seven advancing teams are ready to compete! WATCH live Sunday, Dec. 7th from Auburn University. Don’t miss the action, click on http://southsbest.org/video.html to watch! Follow us on social media @BESTRobotics #bladernnr #southsbest2014.
Congratulations to all of our teams that competed in Blade Runner 2014!
The following teams will represent Jubilee BEST at South’s BEST Regional Competition hosted by Auburn University, Dec. 6th & 7th.
- 1st Place BEST Award: Davidson High School
- 2nd Place BEST Award: Faith Academy
- 3rd Place BEST Award: St. Luke’s Episcopal School
- 1st Place Robot: Sweet Water High School
- 2nd Place Robot: Baker High School
- 3rd Place Robot: MACH Robotics
- 4th Place Robot: Spanish Fort High School
Click on the following link to view a complete list of awards: 2014 Jubilee BEST Results
Click on the following link to view a complete list of rankings: 2014 BEST Award Rankings
Looking for photos from the competition? Over 300 photos are posted on the Jubilee BEST Facebook page. Enjoy!
Jubilee BEST students, teachers, mentors and families are encouraged to join in on the social media fun. During the 42 days of BEST, please post photos of your team working and share what you are learning.
When posting, please use the following hashtags #jubileebest.org and #bladernnr
NEW this year! Social Media Award. Local business and industry judges will choose a winner! Include your team number. Happy Tweeting!
Kick Off Day photos are posted on our Facebook page. Enjoy!
Enter a chance to win an iPAD mini!
All students who participated in the Pre-Survey are encouraged to participate in the Post-Survey. Click HERE to get started!
Post-Survey must be complete by November 14th in order to earn a chance to win an iPAD mini. Winner will be announced on Monday, November 17th. Thank you for participating in our survey!
Bladerunner 2014 – Dates
- September 15th - BEST Industry Night – Davidson High School Auditorium 6:30 p.m – 8:00 p.m. See additional details below!
- September 20th - Kick-Off Day — Davidson High School Gym 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- September 25th - USA Engineering Workshop 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Shelby Hall
- October 2nd - USA Mitchell College of Business – Marketing Workshop 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Shelby Hall
- October 9th - USA – Technical Writing Workshop 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Shelby Hall
- October 16th – USA School of Computer ROBOTC Workshop 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Shelby Hall
- October 25th – Mall Day / Espionage Day Bel-Air Mall, Mobile
- November 1st - Game Day — University of South Alabama Mitchell Center 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
BEST Industry Night 2014 – Click on the link to download flyer!
Jubilee BEST – Let’s Get Involved! – Click on the link to learn various ways to support Jubilee BEST!
Or: Mentoring Mentors
Being a mentor is a big responsibility. If you find yourself strapped for ideas or stuck in a corner, perhaps these tips from mentors past can be of assistance.